By Evelin Rivera-Cabral, Staff Writer
The end of the 2018 semester is nearing and creating more stress for students as they ramp up to finals and end-of-term papers. To combat this, Student Life is teaming up with TRIO to host De-Stressing activities at all three PPCC Campuses Dec. 4- Dec. 6.
The De-Stress Fest will consist of mystery survival bags for students (“a surprise treat to assist students through finals week,” says Kristina Charfauros, Student Life Event Coordinator.
Student Life and TRIO have made it possible for students to easily attend the De-Stress fest by providing them with multiple events at the Centennial, Downtown, and Rampart campus.
The Rampart Campus will host an additional day of fun holiday festivities Dec.8. This includes the Pictures with Santa event and The Dr. Bolton Family event, where students who have worked directly with PPCC’s President Bolton, have the opportunity to wish him a Happy Holiday in person or through writing him a letter.
These events will happen in Rampart W101/W102 from 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Pictures with Santa is open to the community with a $5 donation that will go towards purchasing toys for patient’s at Children’s Hospital this Christmas.
“Everyone is encouraged to participate in the suggested donation of an unwrapped toy, which will go to UCHealth Children’s Hospital,” says Charfauros.
For student’s with a tight budget, this event is a great opportunity to take away some of that holiday stress by providing your child with a free holiday photo.
Attendees will be provided with hot cocoa, cookies, letters to Santa, picture frame decorating and a movie while they wait to see Santa.
The events hosted are as listed:
- Survival Bags and Wii Game Play, Dec. 4 from 11-12 p.m. in the Atrium.
- Coffee Break, Dec. 5 from 10-11 a.m. in the Grove.
- Comedy Performance by Damon Summer, Dec. 5 from 12:30-1:45 p.m. in the Theater.
- Pancakes, partnership with TRIO, Dec. 6 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in the Grove.
- Survival Bags Tabling, Dec. 4 from 11-12 p.m. in the Downtown Lobby.
- Comedy Coffee Break, Dec. 5 from 12:30-1:45 p.m. in the Downtown Lobby.
- Lunch and Wii Play Break, Dec. 6 from 11-2 p.m. in the Downtown Lobby.
- Survival Bags and Wii Game Play, Dec. 4 from 11-12 p.m. in the Rampart Student Lounge.
- Comedy Coffee Break, Dec.5 12:30-1:45 p.m. in the Rampart Atrium
- Lunch and Film Screening of The Grinch, Dec. 6 from 11a.m.-1 p.m. in the Rampart Atrium.