Securing The Future
by Kenneth Long
Security Analysts work to identify and correct flaw in existing security systems. Analysts work directly within there company to spot suspicious activity in databases, servers, networks.
According to PurpleSec cyber organization, Ransomware is a threat to not only to every private sector but public sector.
- In 2020, the average cost of a data breach was USD 3.86 million globally, and USD 8.64 million in the United States.
- 3% of cyberattacks target small businesses
- Cybercrime is up 600% due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Global spending on cybersecurity products and services is predicted to exceed $1 trillion cumulatively over the five-year period from 2017 to 2021. This is a 12-15% year-over-year cybersecurity market growth from 2021.Aug 11, 2021
2021 Must-Know Cyber Attack Statistics and Trends – Embroker
- “Digital freedom stops where that of users begins… Nowadays, digital evolution must no longer be offered to a customer in trade-off between privacy and security. Privacy is not for sale, it’s a valuable asset to protect.” – Stephane Nappo
- “If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What’s more, you deserve to be hacked” – Richard Clarke
- “Technology trust is a good thing, but control is a better one.” –Stephane Nappo
After reading about so many companies and individuals’ affected by various forms of cyber attacks and seeing several stories where people died due to hospitals’ door being locked or systems being destroyed, it strengths my pledge to assist in protecting the innocent from so many from these types of attacks. This strengths my resolve to be an agent of hope and change in this field and community.
There are many ways to protect yourself, here are a few:
- Check the strength of your passwords.
- Trust no one (on emails or other online forms of communication).
- Secure your device.
https://www.ibm.com/security/data-breach https://purplesec.us/resources/cyber-security-statistics/ <--https://www.cybintsolutions.com/cyber-security-facts-stats/-->